Roku WiFi Setup
Roku connects to internet using the home or office network in a wireless manner. Almost all Roku devices provide support for 802.11g and 802.11b wireless network standards. Not only this, they are also compatible with latest wireless security protocols such as WPA, WPA2 and WEP. For Roku WiFi Setup, you just need the name of your wireless network or SSID and security key or passphrase. Without connecting Roku to an internet connection, you will not be able to stream anything. So, it can be said that a network connection is the first and foremost requirement to use and setup Roku.
Roku Error Codes
WiFi connectivity issues are indicated by different error codes. Each Roku error has its own meaning. Let’s have a look at them:
- Error code 009 shows that Roku is not connected to the internet.
- Error code 012 indicates issues related to Ethernet.
- If your router is running slow or overheated, you will receive error code 0013.
- Error code 016 signifies that the internet connection has been lost.
- When you come across error code 017, it means the signal strength is very poor.
- In case of slow internet speed, error code 018 will be displayed on screen.
Get rid of all such errors by getting in touch with our highly-experienced technicians at 1-844-748-9017.
Fix connectivity issues with Roku
Facing connectivity issues with Roku? Well, you are not alone in the battle. A number of users come across such issues while setting up Roku using Roku Link. But there is no need to worry at all as here are quick solutions to get rid of connectivity issues with Roku:
- Make sure that you are getting the internet speed promised by your provider. If not, contact your ISP immediately.
- Do not use the public WiFi or neighboring networks to connect Roku.
- Check the bars on network symbol. If there is only one or no bar, move to another place in home or office where you get high bars. These bars represent the signal strength received by you.
- Disconnect the device from wireless connection and reconnect again but after a couple of minutes.
- Enter the correct wireless network name as wrong SSID can cause a failure in wireless connection.
- Re-enter the password for your network. Maybe you have mistyped the words.
- Keep the router’s firmware updated to the latest version.
- Place the router as well as Roku far away from interference-creating objects like walls, cabinets, electrical appliances, mirrors, metal objects etc.
- Reboot Roku and then router.
None of the aforementioned solutions worked for you? Don’t panic as we are always there to help you. Just dial our toll-free number 1-844-748-9017 and ask technicians for help. They will resolve all WiFi-related problems in a friendly and courageous manner.
Standard Guide for Roku WiFi Setup
The process of Roku WiFi Setup includes finding the wireless network name, password and then connecting to the network. Once done with Roku Link Code Activate, find the network name to connect Roku. Select an available WiFi network from the list.
After that, find the default password or security key. While connecting to the network, you need to get go.roku.com code. Now, plug in the Roku player and connect it to TV. Use either wired or wireless connection to connect the streaming device. For wired connection, use correct input i.e. Ethernet or HDMI as per your Roku model. Otherwise, select set up a WiFi connection option.
Now, a WiFi connection has been set up. In case you experience any issue during Roku WiFi Setup, feel free to reach out to us by calling on 1-844-748-9017. Our expert and helpful technicians are just a phone call away.